The good news is that mobile advertising isn’t all that complicated.
Here are five things you can do to get started on mobile marketing. Once you’ve learned the steps below, you’ll see that mobile marketing is a good way to open up new revenue streams for your business.
Why Digital Technology Institute Guide For Mobile Marketing
Mobile website This is much easier than you might think. One choice is to use the automated systems provided by a number of companies. Essentially, they take the current website content and auto-format it to a mobile screen.
- WordPress has some plugins that do a pretty good job, and GoDaddy has an automated system that does it, too. Nonetheless, for the best user experience, I suggest that you concentrate on one of the choices listed below.
- Option number two is to use one of the many online plug-and-play platforms available. Such companies are actually developing a new mobile website that is completely independent of your daily website.
- Only Google “How to set up a mobile website” and you’ll find a number of businesses doing that. There are some great companies that sell these plug-and-play solutions, but there are also some real losers, so do your homework before you choose a company to work with.
Claim your business on location-based platforms You must claim your business on location-based platforms such as Foursquare, Gowalla and Facebook Places, particularly if you have a brick-and-mortar place.
- Claiming your business simply means that you’re raising your hand to these companies and stating, “I’m an official representative of the XYZ business and want to be mentioned on your website.
- ” Claiming your business is similar to calling a telephone company to get a free listing on the Yellow Pages, it’s only now that you’re reaching out to these location-based services instead of Ma Bell.
- Once you’ve claimed your company, you can start running mobile promotions using these platforms. For example, Chili ran a campaign where everyone who “checked in” to their locations using Foursquare got a free cheese dip.
- if you checked in at the florist next door, you got a digital coupon for free cheese dip at the Chili’s a few steps away. Brilliant!Get a Social Media Marketing Learning Professional
Immerse yourself You can’t fully appreciate digital marketing until you’re using mobile marketing. So when you’re reading this article, grab your smartphone and mess around with it — check-in on Foursquare, buy some shoes using the Zappos app, do a voice search using Google Voice Search — just get acquainted with all the nooks and cranes of your smartphone.
- When you’re ready to dive further into your device, download the Starbucks mobile payment app and use it to pay for your next cup of coffee.
- This way, you can look even better than the man who ordered the The more you use mobile media, the more you’ll see that it’s really not all that complex. It’s just the newest marketing channel in a long line of marketing channels introduced throughout the last several decades.
Mobile advertising campaigns are perfect for all kinds of companies but particularly good for companies with brick-and-mortar locations. After all, if you own a restaurant, you wouldn’t want an ad to pop up when someone searches for “restaurants near my house”
- Mobile ad campaigns can be bought on a cost-per-click basis, cost-per-thousand basis or cost-per-acquits basis.
- Sounds confusing, huh? Don’t worry— just visit any of the most popular mobile advertising platforms (like Millennial Media, iPad from Apple or Ad Mob from Google) and they’ll walk you through the distinctions and how to use the services.
- Mobile ad campaigns can be bought on a cost-per-click basis, cost-per-thousand basis or cost-per-acquit basis.
- It sounds confusing, huh? Don’t worry— just visit any of the most popular mobile marketing networks (such as Millennial Media, Apple’s iPad, and Google’s Ad Mob) and they’ll take you through the awards and how to use the products.
Scan your QR code.
- QR Codes are those little barcode-like squares that pop up all over the place. You can find out how QR Codes could expand your company for an in-depth introduction to QR Codes.
- QR Codes (or their closely related relatives EZ Codes, Windows Tags, SPARQ Codes, etc.) can be scanned using smartphones. Once scanned, you’ll be brought to mobile web pages that offer discounts.
Follow these basic step to get your mobile marketing to complete new level. Gradually I’ll be sharing more about mobile marketing in my further post.